Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Eggs!

Ok this is the first post, I figure that we do lots of stuff, and I like to keep things within reach and archivable so why not keep it on a blog that's not a family type blog, so here it is, the BLOG!
Gonna start things off like I did this morning, with breakfast. For years, YEARS I've loved eggs, but haven't been sold on the hard boiled egg idea. I'd like them if someone else made them for me, but I'd always screw it up and make them taste nasty, how can simply boiling water differ at my house to someone else's? Technique! I've come up with a method for hard boiling the most perfect egg.

First off fill a pot with cold water, this keeps the eggs from cracking, at least most of the time.

Second off, bring the eggs to a boil, once they start to boil, remove from heat.

Put the timer on for 15 minutes.

When the timer goes off, put the eggs into cold water to stop them from cooking then you eat them, because they are the best, non rubbery, non grey-yolked eggs ever.

Woo and amaze your friends with your super awesome hardboiled egg capabilities. I'm thinking this makes them easier to peel too, I've found they're easier to peel when I make them this way, it's not fact, it's just an observation.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I thought you had done an entry on this but I couldn't remember where I saw it from. The instructions I found said 13 minutes once you get a rolling boiling and to add a little salt when it starts boiling (not sure why though?)

    Yay eggs!

    ReplyDelete